Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sharing Cheese Puffs with Grandma-can it get any better?


I'm off to New York for a few days, so until I get back, I leave you with these. (Yup, it's just past 4:30 and I'm about to get in the car. Fun!)

"Oh man, I was not a fan of the polish dance. I did it for a year because my grandparents wanted me to. I hated being on stage, and I never learned to skip for the big production and I felt really self-conscious about it. I also didn't like wearing make-p. I felt like a clown and I never liked clowns. I'm glad I did it though, because I think this picture is hilarious." (via)

I agree, but also completely adorable. Kind of the Polish equivalent of making your kid wear Lederhosen.

I am in awe of the moment in time this next photo captures.

"Note the use of the gun holster by my brother. The outfit I'm wearing was one I hated. I believe I'm sharing cheese puffs with my grandma while reading Beverly Cleary." (via)

I know that she barely shows up against the wealth of patterns and images in this photo, but I love this girl. Beverly Cleary still rocks, and who doesn't love chowin' down on a bowl of cheese puffs--a BIG bowl of cheese puffs--with grandma? Better not get any cheese powder on those slammin' sofas!

This photo is so much less about her outfit than about the shag carpeting, the sofas, the afgan on the back of the couch, the stunning seascape above her head, and the fact that if she actually rocks that rocking chair, she will certainly get in trouble for dinging the wall behind her.

Granny is clearly watching TV, perhaps the Andy Williams Christmas Special? And brother feels so proud of his big holster. (Please don't go there.)

Who wouldn't want to escape into the world of Henry, Beezus, Ramona, and Ribsy?

No comments:

Post a Comment