Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Little Miss Sunshine Meets the Grand Ole Opry

Each time I receive a photo, I think it's the best I've gotten yet. Today, I feel that way yet again. And at the same time, I feel disturbed to even know clothing items like this exist.

Young "Candy" could have been a pageant winner, don't you think?
Where to begin?
To the best of her recollection, Candy was 2 when she was asked to pose in this ensemble (and those are Granny's knees in the photo, which makes me beg the question-was this someone's living room? And if so, why was their wall painted like a Sear's Photo studio?)

Forced to balance on the shag carpeting, Candy rocked her tiered, ruffled dress and socks with lacy cuffs. (Did the hair bows and sock cuffs match her dress?) I am assuming, or hoping, that the white shoes were patent leather, because anything else would really have been in poor taste.

How is it, then, that Candy is able to actually look adorable?
I do feel slightly jealous of her hair style, which never worked on my curly, dark hair. In my elementary school days, I was also jealous of M. M. whose mother did that tucked-in-ponytail-to-make-it-look-like-a-bun style. M. M. also wore dresses just a step away from Candy's, but I was never jealous of those.

Were you?

No comments:

Post a Comment