Friday, March 26, 2010

No eye patch...the first day

"first day of school 1981.
I'm pretty sure my mom made me sleep in rollers the night before school. I didn't ahve to wear my eye patch...the first day." (via)

Palm fronds and macrame set the tone nicely here.
And in my mind, that sunset photo behind her is complete with the words to that poem about two sets of footprints on the sand, except for when God supposedly shleps the guy on his back because of his troubles. Why do I even KNOW that fine bit of writing??

2 comments:

  1. Why does this child look like she is wearing a wig? Why does she look like like a middle aged woman? So many questions. All I can say is it's a good thing she didn't have to wear the eyepatch, poor thing. I sympathize as I too was an eyepatch wearer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was cursed with the eye patch. Not, however, the Barbara Mandrell hair which, I agree, ages her considerably. And is it just me, or does she look a little buff? It's the shoulders, I think. Perhaps there was some Human Growth Hormone action happening here.

    ReplyDelete