Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Scarface

Today's post is in honor of my son and the way his face looked yesterday before the dentist took care of, um, DRAINAGE. Ahhh, swelling...

"my sister's pigtails kill me, as does her awesome brown dress that I'm pretty sure my mom made for her. My face was all banged up from a crazy ride on a swingset and a subsequent trip to the emergency room complete with stitches." (via)

Does this technically qualify as a My Parents Made Me Moment? I'm not sure, but one thing I am sure of: Only a parent immortalizes their child at a time like this. (Remember those broken nose polaroids from 6th grade Mom?)

I like the ball point pen 1977 in the corner, and the painted brown brick fireplace which matches the homemade dress so nicely.

To me, everything about this photo say something askew. Messy hair, Scarface, Green carpeting, Brown recliner. My only regret--not being able to read the book titles on the shelf...

No comments:

Post a Comment