Monday, April 5, 2010

Gramma's House Dress

"Socks.
I love everything about this photo. Of course, my brother's clothing is the best part, but you've got the elusive Grampa O, Gramma in her trademark house dress, me in a coordinated Gramma-bought-this-outfit-for-me-from-Kmart ensemble, the date in the corner, the house number, the clay 'Ortons' plaque that Paul made for my grandparents at camp, the Dopey statue." (via)


Click to Listen
In your pinky K-Mart special, and your Lacy Socks
Haircut dated, shorts ill-fitting and still, this photo ROCKS.

Gramma in her House Dress, resplendent in 80s print
Brother Runner, in his shorts, surely dressed to Sprint.

If his thighs do rub together, I think it will be painful.
You'll glance over, snicker some, and give a look disdainful.

Grampa O, Elusive--at least that's what you say.
My suspicion? The 8th Dwarf, if Dopey had his way.

Perhaps faux brick does hide Snow White, behind your Gramma's dress,
In your pink, I see at least, you're a Damsel in Distress.

No comments:

Post a Comment